Fujitsu has become the latest contender to join the brigade of hybrids with the launch of STYLISTIC Q702 hybrid tablet. This tablet cum notebook comes with 11.6-inch HD dual digitizer multi-touch display and weighs 850 grams minus the keyboard.
Fujitsu claims that the screen is easy to use even in direct sunlight. STYLISTIC Q702 comes with a standard 4 cell battery but there is a second battery in the keyboard as well. One can opt for 3rd Generation Intel Core i3 or i5 processor with optional Intel vPro Technology. Other features include 4GB DDR3 RAM, biometric fingerprint sensor and optional embedded support for 3G/UMTS or 4G/LTE mobile data.
The STYLISTIC Q702 with Windows 8 is priced at Rs. 69,000 plus taxes (including the keyboard).
Apart from the STYLISTIC Q702, Fujitsu has also showcased a redesigned version of LIFEBOOK T902. LIFEBOOK T902 is a convertible tablet PC, which according to the company, is targeted at the consumers who need more performance than a tablet. LIFENOOK T902 will come with 3rd Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor and support up to 16GB of RAM. This tablet can run Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and even Windows 7 Professional. However, the company did not reveal any further details about the pricing, or availability of LIFEBOOK T902.
Commenting on the launch, Dieter Heiss, Vice-President, Workplace Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions, says, "With the new STYLISTIC Q702 hybrid tablet, Fujitsu is delivering the best of both worlds: the portability and ease-of-use of a tablet, which is perfect for consuming content, and an attachable keyboard, converting the device into a notebook with a full keyboard where it's easier to create content, for example when working on a spreadsheet or editing a business proposal."
STYLISTIC Q702 key specs
- Keyboard docking station featuring a 4-cell battery and expansion ports including LAN (RJ-45) and external display support (VGA)
- LED backlit IPS anti-glare 11.6-inch HD dual digitizer multi-touch display optimized for both pen and touch input
- USB 2.0 and 3.0, HDMI, SD/SDHC expansion ports on the tablet
- Optional 3G/UMTS or 4G/LTE mobile broadband support (support may vary by region)
- Accelerometer, gyrometer, magnetometer, and ambient light sensors all contributing to a fluid computing experience
- Front-facing and rear-facing webcams with complementing dual microphones for video conferencing
- Up to 256GB (non-FDE) and 128GB (Full Disk Encryption)